ATTENDEE TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
If you are having trouble accessing our virtual summit please read through these tips.
2. Check your internet speed and network. We recommend a minimum of 5mbps download and 2mbps upload. Ideally, we like to see 30mbps download and 10mbps upload or higher for the best quality - test your speed here.
If you are using a VPN (network) or device provided by your employer, ensure your device can access and share your camera and microphone on.
Ensure you can access the following website domains to use Hopin. You may have to check with your IT department if using a device or network provided by your employer.
3. Restart your computer before joining the event. This ensures that there are no other video applications holding onto audio or video for any reason.
4. Please use headphones when participating on-screen. This will help eliminate echo and feedback.
5. If you lose sound or can't share your audio/video or screen share, try these steps (in order):
- Refresh your browser
- Ensure your browser's permissions are granted to have access to your camera and microphone (in Chrome, type into the URL bar: chrome://settings/content). If you're on a Mac, ensure your browser has permission to record your screen (open your computer's System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Screen Recording > find your browser in the list and check the box) - Quit and relaunch your browser
- Restart your computer
- Join the event in a different browser (e.g.: switch from Chrome to Firefox)